Choosing the proper search engine keyword will dictate just how fast you generate the traffic, leads and income you desire online.
The strategies below are the strongest online and will go against the basic training I see all over the Internet.
Many so called SEO experts will tell you to go into the Google keyword tool and find lower search volume keywords of around 1,000 searches per month.
Next you are to take the keyword and place it in quotation marks and place into the Google search bar. Once you find competition of 100,000 or less go for it. This is suppose to reduce the competition you are facing.
By doing this you are heading towards failure for two reasons. First, even if you get ranked on page one in the second or third position you will have a total of 3 visitors max per day. As well it is not the amount of competition you are concerned about, it is the strength of competition.
So let’s look at this through the eyes of Google and their many algorithms. Here are a few of the main algorithms Google is looking at when it comes to the blogs you are competing against:
- Page rank – This is only one portion of the equation and I assure you the biggest mistake people make when deciding on a keyword. Page rank will not beat out the following criteria Google is looking for.
- Backlinks – I am not talking about domain backlinks but the amount of backlinks to the specific page you are competing against. My students come to me all the time and tell me that they stand no chance because of the strength of the domain. Your not competing against the Domain, your competing against a page or post
- SEO Optimized – You will beat out page ranks of 2, 3 and even 4 if you optimize properly and have the backlinks. Backlinks are very simple with free services like onlywire and others, but how do you optimize?
Google is looking for your keyword to be in the following:
- URL – You must use the exact keyword when naming your page or post, not your title
- Title – Your keyword must be in your title and best to have it at the beginning of your title
- Description – This is the first sentence in your blog post that Google will take for their description within the search engines. Be sure you have your keyword within the first sentence
- Keyword Density – While there is some importance on this don’t be over critical. You want to keep your keywords around once for every 100 words. Anywhere from 1% – 1.5% is effective. Proper keyword density is actually different for various keywords
Success online comes from a number of factors. Niche domination is one of the strongest methods to develop tremendous free leads from Google in the shortest amount of time.
Combine your search engine keyword with niche domination and a proper marketing funnel and your success is quick and assured.